Sunday, July 23, 2017

Book Review: King by T.M. Frazier

King (King #1)
By T.M. Frazier
Release Date: June 15, 2015
Source: Book Signing 
Homeless. Hungry. Desperate.

Doe has no memories of who she is or where she comes from.

A notorious career criminal just released from prison, King is someone you don’t want to cross unless you’re prepared to pay him back in blood, sweat, pu$$y or a combination of all three.

King’s future hangs in the balance. Doe’s is written in her past. When they come crashing together, they will have to learn that sometimes in order to hold on, you have to first let go.


Warning: This book contains graphic violence, consensual and nonconsensual sex, drug use, abuse, and other taboo subjects and adult subject matter. Although originally slated to be a standalone, KING is now a two part series.
 



To say I was excited to read this book would be a huge understatement. With an average of 4.24 stars on Goodreads, I was expecting a mind-blowing story. What I didn't expect was the dark, gritty story that I fell in love with. 

Doe has no idea who she is or where she came from. All she knows is that she woke up beaten and alone and no one is looking for her. King is dangerous. Having just been released from 3 years in prison, King is hard on the outside and even harder on the inside. When Does falls into King's life, King doesn't take it easy on Doe. He knows he should let her go. But there's something connecting the two together that neither of them can understand, but neither of them wants to lose. 

Holy moly. From the start of this book, it's dark. Doe is literally starving to death and only has a drugged-up hooker as a friend. Doe is thrown into King's life and has no idea how she's going to survive. I was drawn into this story and could not put it down because I had to know what would happen to Doe. And even though King is a dangerous guy who has done some pretty bad stuff, I was just as intrigued by him as I was with Doe. Why are the bad boys always the most intriguing?? 

While I was sucked into this book from the beginning, what really sold me on this book were the twists and turns with every page. Some serious stuff goes down in this book that I was literally not expecting, so I was definitely impressed how shocking T.M. Frazier could make the story. I will say, there are some pretty graphic and horrifying scenes in this book, so if that's not for you, don't read this. But if you love a raw, gritty, dark look at romance, you are going to love this book. And that ending! As soon as I put this book down, I picked up book two because I had to know what would happen next. 

I cannot believe it took me this long to read a book from T.M. Frazier, but I'm so happy I finally did. I fell in love with all of the characters in this book and am dying to read their books later on in this series. I'm so happy I got to read this before meeting T.M. so that I could truly fangirl over her and buy the rest of the books of this series. All of you dark romance lovers out there have to pick this book up!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...