Thursday, December 13, 2012

Book Review: Thoughtless by SC Stephens

Thoughtless
By SC Stephens
Release Date: June 11, 2012
Source: Publisher
Summary: For almost two years now, Kiera's boyfriend, Denny, has been everything she's ever wanted: loving, tender and endlessly devoted to her. When they head off to a new city to start their lives together, Denny at his dream job and Kiera at a top-notch university, everything seems perfect. Then an unforeseen obligation forces the happy couple apart.

Feeling lonely, confused, and in need of comfort, Kiera turns to an unexpected source—a local rock star named Kellan Kyle. At first, he's purely a friend that she can lean on, but as her loneliness grows, so does their relationship. And then one night everything changes...and none of them will ever be the same.

Review: I'm always wary reading books with love triangles. You never know if the main character is going to turn out super annoying about the situation or if things just start to get repetitive and boring. So when I saw that this book was about a girl who has a boyfriend but falls for their musician roommate, I was a little scared. Once I got about 10 pages in, though, all fear completely flew out the window!

Kiera has been dating Denny for two years, so when he gets a job across the country, she doesn't hesitate to transfer schools and move with him. He's the real deal, so why would she let him go? Things are going awesome until Denny starts getting pulled away from work more and more and their roommate Kellan, who happens to be the gorgeous lead singer of a band, seems to be everywhere Kiera goes. Things start getting cozier between Kellan and Kiera, and Kiera has no idea what to think about it, let alone what to do about it. What's a girl to do when you've got your adorable Australian (did I mention he's Australian??) boyfriend of two years on one hand and a yummy singer on the other? 

While I don't think that this story really needed to go on for over 500 pages, I simply could not get enough of Kiera and Kellan. Yeah, Kiera's dating Denny, but the moment you meet Kellan you can't help but be completely captivated by him. From meeting Kiera with a warm pot of coffee every morning to showing her around her new campus, Kellan definitely has a reason to never leave Kiera's mind. So many things happen that make Kiera flip from man to man in her head, and you can't help but sit on the edge of your seat for each and every minute of it. 

Overall, Thoughtless greatly exceeded my expectations and definitely gave me a college-aged romance that grabbed my interest and wouldn't let go for a second. There are delicious guys, wild nights out, steamy romances, and a love triangle I definitely did not find annoying. I have the next two books in this series waiting on my shelf to be read and I can't wait to dig in! If you haven't had the chance, pick up Thoughtless before Effortless comes out in paperback in January!


2 comments:

  1. Great review! I have read this as well, and I just loved it. Effortless is wonderful, and now I can't wait for the third book :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. My Kobo keeps recommending this book to me, and I've been hesitant to purchase it. Thanks for the review. I may just have to do it!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...