Thursday, August 9, 2012

Book Review: Return of the Dragon Riders by Kristian Alva

Return of the Dragon Riders
By Kristian Alva
Release Date: September 30, 2012
Source: Author
Summary: The emperor Vosper gathers his troops in the east, poised to conquer the entire continent. His target is the rebel city of Parthos,the last sanctuary of the Dragon Riders. 

Besieged from all sides, the remaining Dragon Riders come out of hiding. Forced to fight for their lives, they leave the safety of the desert, traveling across the land to gather intelligence and shore up forgotten alliances.

At the center of it all is Elias Dorgumir, an untrained mageborn teenager. Elias is the key to an ancient prophesy, and Vosper will do anything to get his hands on him. Is it too late for the Dragon Riders to save Elias and stop Vosper from destroying the only refuge they have left?

Review: I read the first book of this series last summer and really enjoyed the story, so when I saw that the author had released the other two without me even realizing it, I knew that I had to read them! I'm so happy to say that the story was just as interesting and left me yet again yearning for me!

I normally don't read fantasy, but there's something about this series that is so good! Elias is still on the run from the emperor while the few remaining dragon riders go out to find him to try and save the innocent people the emperor is threatening to destroy. Elias finally gets his dragon egg but has no idea how much power he can have. The other dragon riders are banding together to try and find Elias because he's the only one who can stop the emperor before he destroys everything. 

In this book, so much happens and I couldn't wait to see what obstacle would come next. The relationships with the dragons and the riders is really cool and I love how new dragons and possible riders are brought into the picture. More about their past lives are explained and new secrets are revealed! The first book was definitely used to set up for this book, so I'm so glad that this book was worth the wait!

Kirstian Alva creates a whole new world with magic, dragons, and evil villains that create a world that only the dragon riders can save. There's so much action and suspense that you don't know who will live and who will die! I'm excited to read the last book of this series to see how it all ends and if Elias actually lives up to the prophecy that has changed his life! 


1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...