Sunday, July 31, 2011

Book Review: Forbidden Temptation of a Vampire by Jodie Cooper

Summary: Is Jared an answer to prayer or her worst nightmare?

Seventeen-year-old, Katie McQuillen is a halfling (vampire/elf mix) in a world where halflings are not acceptable members of polite society. Unfortunately, her grandpa is chairman of the Vampire High Council and she is forced into attending a summer camp meant to create peace between the Sídhí races. 

She is in the middle of Sídhí puberty going from scrawny to beach bunny in less than three weeks when she and her twin brother arrive at camp.

Camp starts off with a bang when vampire hottie, Jared Andrews, becomes one of her new seven cabinmates, especially when he can't keep his eyes off her. But is he interested in her, her family's money, or her blood?

She might actually enjoy summer camp, if she can stop finding dead bodies and if people stop trying to kill her.


Review: No matter how many books I read about them, vampires never get old for me. The good thing about this book though, is that there are more paranormal creatures than just vampires. There are elves, dragons, and even big foot to keep the story interesting. I really liked how all of the teens had to go to a camp together, even though the elves and the vampires didn't get along. The world and culture in Forbidden Temptation of a Vampire was so fun to read about, especially the whole lifemate aspect. I really wish that I were Katie and one morning could wake up tall, beautiful, and curvy just because puberty ended. Not to mention have an insanely hot vampire obsessed with me. Katie and Jared's whole relationship was really fun to watch develop and grow as they try to save the valleys. Sometimes the book got confusing at parts, but I think that's because I was reading too fast and missed some details. You definitely need to take your time on this book to catch all of the characters and whole gist of the world they live in. Other than that part, I loved all of the characters and the storyline of this book. I wish I could have followed Nick and Sarah's story more instead of their little tidbits every now and then, but seeing as the book was mainly about Katie and Jared, I guess that was okay. The book was kind of left unfinished, but I guess that's because there are supposed to be many more in this series. I will definitely be checking back with these vampires and elves to see what happens next!***Check out my giveaway for one e-copy of this book and interview with Jodie Cooper right here***





2 comments:

  1. Jessica,

    Thanks so much for the great review!

    I'm glad you liked the book!!

    Jodie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the review. My TBR list is growing by the second!!..lol

    Evie@ Paromantasy

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...